Tuesday 13 November 2012

Nurgle Carnival (2500 pts)

Over the last 3 weeks, i been working hard getting a new army together.

I've talked alot about it, and finally decided to start it after the model finally going plastic.

I'm talking about Nurgle Carnival.

As of right now, i have 21 Plaguebearers ready (out of.... 90-100), with plans for about 60 of them, so there should be alot of variety on each of my units.

First, lets look at the list. I know that Daemons are due sooner than later, but with Games Workshop finally closing any chance of rumors on books to come, i have to work with the conviction that the new book will not be released before our next big events, which is planned to happen in March.

I have two plans, one with a Great Unclean One, and one without. Considering with the current book that he's a 600+ pts monster, i'm not 100% sure i wanna have that kind of model in my army, especially with all the cannon, and characteristic test running around.

With Great Unclean One ;


Lords
Great Unclean One 620 pts
lvl4 Wizard
Pestilent Mucus
Noxious Vapour


Heroes
Epidemus 135 pts

Herald of Nurgle 165 pts
Palanquin

Herald of Nurgle 315 pts
Battle Standard Bearer
Standard of Chaos Glory
Palanquin


Core
35 Plaguebearers 475 pts
Full Command
Standard of seeping Decay

28 Plaguebearers 391 pts
Full Command
Icon of Eternal Virulence

14 Plaguebearers 168 pts


Special
7 Nurglings 245 pts


Basically, 2 big block, each with an Herald, with the 14 protecting front or side from charge. GUO is not really a beast in close, but i've equip him to be able to deal with whatever unit manage to reach him (at least i hope).


Without Great Unclean One



Heroes
Epidemus 135 pts

Herald of Nurgle 165 pts
Palanquin

Herald of Nurgle 315 pts
Battle Standard Bearer
Standard of Chaos Glory
Palanquin


Core
35 Plaguebearers 475 pts
Full Command
Standard of seeping Decay

28 Plaguebearers 391 pts
Full Command
Icon of Eternal Virulence

14 Plaguebearers 174 pts
Musician

14 Plaguebearers 174 pts
Musician

14 Plaguebearers 174 pts
Musician


Special
7 Nurglings 245 pts

7 Nurglings 245 pts


More "Trash units", more unit to control the table, and, more themed with 7 units, all multiple of 7. But i'm basically giving my opponent 1000+ pts free (14 Plague Bearers shouldnt last long against just about anything, unless they are Poison on 4+, and even then, i'd be scared.), and i have zero magic phase. I can see plenty of very quick game :

Ok, i move my unit.
Magic Phase? oh, i have no Mage.
Shooting? oh, i have no ranged.
close combat? well, go ahead, i'm Ini 1 anyway...


Solution to this list ;
I could beef up my second Plague Bearers unit from 28 to 35, and replace a 14 man units with 7 Furies. I keep my 7 units, but reduce my Trash units.

I could also try to include a 3rd Heral of Nurgle by removing my Palanquin, but then i'm 5 pts over, with no way to decrease it unless i remove my Standard of Chaos Glory (which i think i can't afford to remove).

I could add some Beast of Nurgle, but at 100 pts, i'm not sure how they'd fit in my list... flankers? With D6+1 WS3 S4 attacks, it could lose against just about anything.



With those change in mind ;


Heroes
Epidemus 135 pts

Herald of Nurgle 165 pts
Palanquin

Herald of Nurgle 315 pts
Battle Standard Bearer
Standard of Chaos Glory
Palanquin


Core
35 Plaguebearers 475 pts
Full Command
Standard of seeping Decay

35 Plaguebearers 475 pts
Full Command
Icon of Eternal Virulence

14 Plaguebearers 174 pts
Musician

7 Chaos Furies 84 pts


Special
7 Nurglings 245 pts

7 Nurglings 245 pts


Rare
1 Beast of Nurgle 100 pts

1 Beast of Nurgle 100 pts

I'm 13 pts over, so i'd have to lose 2 Plaguebearers, breaking my 7 magic numbers... i also have 8 units, going even further in breaking my Theme. Since this army is more importantly about theme, i'm not sure how i could adjust it. Taking out Musicians, or Champions would fix it, while keeping my magic numbers, but who would run a 35 man unit, worth at least 400+ pts, without champion or musicians? I know musician arent as important to daemon as they are to other army, but the free reform is pretty important imho, and for 6 pts, you can't afford to miss it.

So those are my 3 list. Each one have big flaws, but i guess its the cost to bring a mono-god themed army.

Next up ; Ideas behind the army and hopefully some pictures of my current Plague Bearers

No comments:

Post a Comment