Thursday 3 May 2012

Tale of Painters ; Warriors units

For May, my goal is to paint 2 Warrior units with 2 Venom. Then, in June, i repeat the same goal. So after those two months, i should have 4 core units, with just enough spot for Wracks and/or Hellions (depending on which HQ i pick between an Haemonculus or the Baron). There will be nothing special about those Warrior (60 pts unit with Blaster upgrade), but i have magnetized the Venom's weapons.

Here is my units for May in their current state.



So far nothing special. I know some people would argue that you need cold or warm color in the shade and/or highlight, but i personally like the greyish shade i'm going for, and the rust should help bring some warmt to the model. Goal is to have them painted up next week, to be weathered into oblivion the following week, and then starting fresh with a new unit.


And some closer picture of their current state... still lots of detail/fixing to do.

 

5 comments:

  1. I like that white scheme, it bodes well for those. On the shading part, I might have gone with a beige/brown or a blue/green instead of grey, not because it add warmth to the non-color grey, but because it would either tie in well with the gold, or make a cool contrast. Can't wait to see a completed one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my idea is that the rust added will already bring alot of color (orange, red, etc), so shading with something else than grey would make it too colorful.... That's what i did with my Haemonculus, and i think it worked ok.

      Delete
  2. Yea, I looked at him. But with all the purple and almost no white, it's a bit hard to visualize. I'll see after those are done. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, after seeing that comment, i had to concentrate on what to do with that purple.

      Purple will be a color barely present on the armored warrior. I'm planning on painting some cloth around their wraist or arms that color, just to unify it with the rest. The purple will be more present on robed units like wracks

      Delete
  3. I like the colors you have going here. Great work.

    ReplyDelete