Thursday 6 November 2014

2400 : A warrior of Chaos End Time list

With End Times : Glottkin released, now is time to plan my next army. I really wanted to do a Vampire Army for 2015, but decided against it. Not because i lack ideas, but mainly because sculpting zombies didn't really appeal to me right now. I also considered starting over my Ogres army, but again, this was a very big conversion project, and i want to take my time to do each one right.

So here is my 3rd choice, a WoC army based on End Times :Glottkin. Why based on Glottkin? Because i will most likely end up using this one for my army background, and also i'll be sporting quite a few models from the book.

Here's a look at my list ;


Lord

Bloab Rotspawned

Probably the most expensive lvl3 mage, Blob is an amazing miniature (can we really call it that, considering its size?), and a pretty impressive close combat fighter (considering he's a mage!). There's really no reason for me to get any other mage beside him. And, he's my anti-armor shooting platform!

Morbidex TwiceBorn

Moribex is my general... at leadership 8, its gonna be a rocky rides, i know. But he's the only lord from the End Times that i can take who has any kind of saves  against warmachine, and warmachine scares me. I play this game to throw dice. If my ennemy can kill my whole army before i reach CC, it kinda kills the fun....


Heroes

Exalted Heroes
Mark of Nurgle
Battle Standard Bearer
Scaled Skin
Great Weapon

At leadership 8, i think a BSB is pretty mandatory. Even at leadership 10 it is, in fact. He's a pretty standard "cheap" build, with just a 2+ armor saves, and a great weapon.

Core

17 Warrior of Chaos
Mark of Nurgle
Halberds
Full Command

16 Warrior of Chaos
Mark of Nurgle
Halberds
Full Command

 Two relatively big blocks of Warriors with halberd. My army isnt fast, so there's really no reason to get anything that goes faster than M4. I would love to take dogs, but they can't be marked Nurgle, and Glottkin doesnt care much for unmarked foo's!

Special

Chaos Warshrine
Mark of Nurgle

The gift givers, he's gonna be 6 dicing his boundspell till his head explodes. My goal isnt really to get a daemon prince (oh god, i need to build one in case!), but to try and improve my two lords into something even better. Bloab or Morbidex with an extra toughness, armor saves or weapon skills can really make them monster...

Gorebeast Chariot
Mark of Nurgle

A... chariot? Really? Yes! the Gorebeast chariot is such a beast, there's no reason not to take at least one! He has the toughness and wounds to take a punishment without dieing, and is strong enough to help anyone in trouble quickly.

5 Putrid Blightkings
Full Command

5 Putrid Blightkings
Full Command

 two unit of 5? yes. But they're only infantry? yes. They are broken, and not in a good way. What obviously should been at least monstrous infantry got the tag infantry only, so they can be stomped, they can be dreaded 13th-ed, they can be cannon-ed easily. But the models are amazing, and i love good looking models!

So right at 2393 pts. This list is pretty set in stone, except that i might switch Bloab and Morbidex for Glottkin, replacing at the same time my Chariot for a scroll caddy (i seriously need defense against purple sun with that monster I1). Both are considered, especially considering that Glottkin gets automatically +1 Wardsave on the Eye of the God tables, which make the warshrine a must have to get him to 4+ asap (if someone has fire, otherwise regen is good enough).

My goal is to start painting this army by mid-november, and hopefully be done by mid-february, just in time for a big event around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment